- About Us
- Sister Cities
- Our Events
- Get Involved
Part Time Administrative Assistant
Organization: Missoula Cultural Council
Location: 327. E. Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802
Weekly Hours: 20
Job Status: Part Time
Closes On: August 19, 2016
Rate of Pay: $10.50/hr – $12.00/hr DOE
Summary | Details | Preferred Skills | Apply
Summary of Position
Overview of MCC
The Missoula Cultural Council (MCC) is the designated arts agency for the City of Missoula. MCC is actively involved in supporting and promoting the arts through a number of channels. With a mission to connect art, culture, and community through education, advocacy, and celebration, MCC is involved in educating business and government leaders to the positive economic impact of the arts in our community, working with a variety of community stakeholders to bring arts education initiatives to Missoula County Public Schools, informing the public of art and cultural events and opportunities, while working to create a collaborative environment between artists, art organizations, and the community in which the arts can thrive.
Summary of Position
Part-Time Administrative Assistant – This position will provide clerical support to the Missoula Cultural Council, and serve as the liaison with the city of Missoula Public Art Committee (PAC).
High School education and 2 years general clerical experience.
Any combination of education and experience. Prefer background in the arts, grant writing, philanthropic organizations, outreach organizations, event planning, or membership. Knowledge of current Mac or PC programs, and social media marketing.
DEPARTMENT: Missoula Cultural Council Office
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Part-time, non-union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list of tasks is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. Duties are generally performed in an office environment where hazards and discomforts are controlled and modifiable. Duties also require extensive use of computer keyboard for word processing tasks.
Serves as administrative support and liaison to the City of Missoula Public Art Committee (PAC):
– Schedules and attends committee meetings; prepares agendas and minutes
– Maintains and develops paper and electronic files, records, visual archives, and databases in organizational structure
– Interacts with committee members, City staff, artists, and community members
– Maintains inventory database and archive of Missoula public art collection and projects, including maintenance records, contracts, and additional documentation
– Develops web content for public art marketing, including website management, social media marketing, email newsletters, community listings, and press releases
– Expense reporting and money handling
– Provides support and assistance to the Public Art Committee for current and future public art projects and art calls; assists in development, implementation, and promotion of public art calls
– Researches potential future projects for Public Art Committee
– Serve as liaison between City departments, Missoula Cultural Council, public, and Public Art Committee
Serves as administrative support to the Missoula Cultural Council (MCC):
– Answers telephone and directs calls to appropriate staff
– Provides information about Missoula Cultural Council services
– Write weekly email newsletter on topic of local arts and culture for large mailing list
– Maintains office organization and effective filing storage systems
– Assists with mailings and distributions
– Assist with administration of SPARK! – Arts Ignite Learning
Allocation of hours and duties between MCC and PAC:
The part time administrative position will be ‘shared’ in which the actual hours of the position are divided between the job share partners (MCC and PAC) and should be initially decided by Tom Bensen (MCC) and Peter Lambros (PAC), taking into account the following:
1. the needs of the service, committee and/or department,
2. any limitations on accommodation, equipment etc,
3. communication: between the admin, the job share partners, etc
4. the need to ensure consistency of expectations (results and timeline).
The overall duties and responsibilities of the position will be shared between the job share partners, however, the exact agreed working arrangements of the position will be decided by Tom Bensen.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Characteristics:
Knowledge of all office procedures and practices, grammar, and legal formatting;
Knowledge of basic functions of department and roles of department personnel;
Knowledge and ability to promote safe work practices and ensure compliance with City safety policies;
Skill in demonstrating appropriate discretion for sensitive matters;
Skill in using case management database for art inventory and artists;
Skill in utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications; Adobe Pro software;
electronic media duplication and network software;
Web, internet, and social networking savvy;
Skill in performing keyboarding operations at a rate of 45 words per minute as evidenced by a
certified typing or keyboarding test;
Skill and proficiency in utilizing standard office equipment, including personal computers, copy machines, scanners, electronic media and telephones;
Skill in establishing and maintaining routine working relationships with citizens, departmental staff, and employees in other city departments.
Apply for this Position
August 19, 2016
Send Materials to Tom Bensen:
Missoula Cultural Council
P.O. Box 7662
Missoula, MT 59807
Arts & Economic Prosperity IV
In 2010, Arts Missoula teamed up with Americans for the Arts to study the economic impact of the arts in Missoula. Read the full report here.download our pdf
Spread the Word
Friend us, Like us, Follow us and we’ll keep you updated on art and cultural events happening in your community.
- Mailing Address – P. O. Box 7662, Missoula, MT 59807
- Physical Address – 327 E. Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802
- Phone – 406.541.0860
- Fax – 406.541.0861